with your dogs
A PAWESOME destination to enjoy with your dog!
What you'll find in this guide
Routes, Dog-Friendly places and practical information for families of two-and four-legged friends
A guide with dozens of plans and hundreds of accommodations, restaurants, shops and dog-friendly attractions to enjoy with your best friend.
A PAWESOME destination
When you travel with your dog, you leave your mark
- When the animal crosses urban public ways and spaces, it must be held by a chain or lead with a maximum length of 2 metres.
- Always keep your pet near, controlled and correctly groomed. Clean-up bags for your dog´s messes poops are your best ally.
- If you are going to make a reservation, always give forewarning that you have company. This way you will receive better service and guarantee that there is space for you.
- We recommend you travel with a waterproof coat for your dog. You may have rainy days.
- Consult and comply with the access policy for customers with a dog for each establishment, and if you are not happy, choose another one.
- On rural and mountain outings, we recommend you have your dog on a long leash to avoid surprises with farmhouse dogs and property guard dogs you may encounter.
- Think about the comfort and safety of your dog. Do not force him/her to participate in activities that are stressful for him/her, so you can all enjoy yourselves without any unpleasant surprises.
A breed of dog autochthonous to the Basque Country
The Basque sheepdog
The official name of the breed is euskal Artzain Txakurra, and it has been used for centuries as a sheep dog and livestock guard dog. There are two varieties: Gorbeiakoa and iletsua. it is an athletic, energetic and agile dog, very hard-working and committed to the task. its average weight is 20 kilos.
Dog friendly routes and sites
Discover what to visit in the company of your four-legged friends
Where, how and when
Dog-friendly policy of the main points of tourist interest
In the guide you will find where you are welcome with your dog and the conditions of its access. Check it out so you don't miss anything and enjoy your visit to the fullest.